Thanks to the generosity of your own Michigan dairy farmers and milk processors and the wonderful folks at the United Dairy Industry of Michigan, the world’s only rock & roll nutrition show Jump with Jill will be provided at no cost to a select number of schools across Michigan in support of Milk Means More.
“Not only is milk a high quality protein and nutrient source, it is one of Michigan’s leading agricultural products, generating nearly 40,000 jobs,” says the star of the Midwest Jump with Jill Cast, Laura Brown, MS, RD. “It’s so fun to sing about a food that is healthy for our bodies, our communities, and our environment.”[really_simple_share]Tweet
What will make your entry stand out from the crowd? Get creative!
- Make a video of why Michigan dairy is important in your school or community.
- Bling out your own milk jug and take pictures and videos with it.
- Use Jump with Jill teaching tools to make your submission into a lesson plan:
- After sending us your videos or photos using the form below, post your entry to Vine, Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter using the hashtags #JumpwithJill #MilkMeansMore.
For ideas, watch these winning entries from last year’s contest.
To be eligible to host the show as part of this contest, your school(s) must be:
1) An Elementary School
Your student body must be within the range of grades kindergarten through sixth, for example, a traditional K-5 or K-6, a K-2 primary building, or a 3-5 secondary building.
2) Located in Michigan
3) Enrolled in Fuel Up to Play 60
If your school isn’t enrolled in Fuel Up to Play 60, don’t worry; you can sign up for free to make your school eligible here.
How will you find out if you’ve won?
We are in the process of collecting and reviewing applications from schools all over Michigan to be a part of The Milk Means More Jump with Jill Live Tour. Keep checking this page to see if your school has won as we will be making frequent updates as we choose the winners.
In the meantime, get your low fat dairy fix by rocking out with our latest danceable music videos: